Monday, 14 June 2010
This is something so delicious and so easy to make that I would normally have it all the time except that I'm too old to be consuming sticks of butter on a regular basis. Having said that, the recipe calls for real butter, not margarine. Get the best butter you can get your hands on. Because it uses very few ingredients the quality of each can really make the difference.
175 gms unsalted butter, room temperature
225 gms all purpose flour...
60 gms rice flour
1/4 t salt
60 gms white sugar
2 T icing sugar, sifted
1/4 t vanilla extract
icing sugar for springkling
1. Sift all dry ingredients into a bowl. Set aside.
2. Beat butter for a minute until creamy. Add sugars and continue beating for another 1-2 mins until very light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and beat until totally incorporated.
3. Stir flour mixture into the creamed butter until well blended. Transfer to a lightly floured surface, knead lightly and transfer to the pan (I use silicon so no need to grease).
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 120C for 50-60 mins until pale golden and crisp. Cool on wire rack.
5. When stored properly, pwede sya for 2 months, pero hindi nga tumagal dahil nilantakan ng mga tao agad.
Kwento ni cheneleen at 10:16 am