Monday 14 June 2010

Kanin Club


I must say that part of the reason we rarely eat out these days is that from experience, most restaurants are quite disappointing and are seriously not worth the bother. So it was with trepidation that we drove to UP Ayala Technohub one sunny afternoon for lunch at Kanin Club. I thought I would die!

The food is excellent. The rice is not like Mang Jimmy's, which is obviously from the NFA. It looked and tasted like the Dinorado rice I get from Mindoro. We ordered Sigarilyas Express, Crispy Dinuguan and Crispy Tenga. The best and our favourite is the Sigarilyas.













I wish I could eat there everyday, but being older than I used to be (obvious ba?) the back of my neck has turned into a barometer for cholesterol and MSG (or Umami, as Rosebud would call it). I've been back there only once since that day, that time to try the Seafood Kare Kare. Best Kare Kare I've had for months. The bagoong is ulam on its own.

Funny enough both times we were there there's always a long table of Seniors eating and being merry. Former UP professors? First quarter storm blockmates? Frat and sorrority buddies? I just think it strange that they should catch up while eating food that could easily kill them on the spot.

Doing a bit of research, I found that Kanin Club has a Facebook Account. Like na!

Kanin Club Branches
:

Paseo de Sta. Rosa (049 544-0332)
Weekdays: 11am-2:30pm, 5-10pm
Weekends, Holidays: 11am-10pm

Westgate, Alabang (771-1400)
Weekdays: 11am-2:30pm, 5:30-10:30pm
Weekends, Holidays: 11am-10:30pm

UP-Technohub,QC (332-5978)
Daily: 11am-10pm


No comments: