Tuesday 28 April 2009

Krung Thai Restaurant in Marikina


To be quite honest, for me Marikina is not an obvious destination of choice for anything, even for shoes. The reason I've gone there fairly regularly is because Yuki's new excellent vet is there. Before then there was the very sporadic visit to Jenny's and Odessa's places and not much else.


After I found Yuki's veterinarian, I drove around the market and found a few cheap and cheerful places to get pretty much everything. I've always noticed this little place called Krung Thai restaurant but parking was so difficult at the market or I wasn't hungry enough when I get a parking spot that it took me over a year to finally try the restaurant.

Don't get me wrong. I adore Mommy Thai's canteen and all its incarnations, but Krung Thai Restaurant is equally charming, affordably priced and deliciously air-conditioned. The portions are enormous. Their glass of iced tea is enough to put out a small bush fire. The food tastes exactly like what one might get in Thailand. I've only been to the restaurant twice, most recently for my graduation dinner with Pedro, but I think the owner is actually Thai, and I wonder if the cooks are as well.



The one thing I like most about the place is that it's quite unassuming. It's a neighborhood restaurant where residents dine when they don't feel like cooking, and obviously a very popular one. The price is reasonable enough for a meal out not to become a splurge. And its a much better, healthier alternative to those pesky fastfood restaurants.

We thought about taking a few of our friends there soon. I can't wait to try their other thai dishes.

Krung Thai Restaurant
W. Paz corner M. Cruz Streets
Sta. Elena, Marikina City

1 comment:

Biyaheng Pinoy said...

Omg, I've been to this resto. Quite charming. :)